Monday, December 4, 2006

Big Joe Mufferaw animated short film

Hey everybody,
This film is something I've wanted to do for a while now. I grew up in Ottawa, where the legend of Big Joe took place. I've always invisioned this as a stop motion film, and have just recently had time to finally put some things together for it. I've always loved the old Disney shorts about Paul Bunyan (It is said the Paul Bunyan Legend sprouted from the tales of Joe Montferand) and Casey Jones and John Henry. Aswell as many other folk tales and legends. Joe is such a great character and the stories about him inspire fantatistic visuals. One of my favourite versions of his tales comes in the form of a song. "Big Joe Mufferaw" by Stompin' Tom Connors is a song that I've loved for years, and Tom's lyrics perfectly depict the enormous legend of Joe.

No comments: